Well, yesterday started out great. Church was good, lunch with friends was much needed, and I had such a fun shower catching up with friends I rarely get to see. Then I went to the hospital. Mitch was trying kangaroo care (skin to skin contact with Witten.) When I got there, Witten was being put back in his isolete. He hadn't been breathing well all day, and they were hoping that the kangaroo care would help, but it made it worse. Mitch got to hold him for 5 minutes and they had to put him back. We watched him without really being able to touch him for the next hour and a half until they kicked us out. His breathing was all over the place. It would be really fast, then he would stop breathing completely, then it would be normal. It was like this the whole time.
When we got home, I showed Mitch all that we got at the shower, and we watched a movie while I wrote thank you cards. At 1:30am, we finally headed to bed. I couldn't sleep though. I kept worrying about Witten, so I called the nurse at 2am. She was not helpful. She didn't seem to concerned, but she told me that he had two cases of sleep apnea so far on her shift. When someone tells you that your kid has stopped breathing in their sleep twice, it kind of freaks you out! On top of worrying, I just couldn't get comfortable. I thought I would be exhausted from being up so late after a whole day without a nap, but I wasn't. I finally dozed off around 5am, and woke up an hour later to pump.
We haven't heard from the nurse today, so I'm going to assume that everything is better today. I'm going to go up there in about an hour, and I'll find out for sure then.
No comments:
Post a Comment