Monday, July 30, 2007

The Last Day

Sunday was our last day in Maui, and although I'd like to type about how it was just as good as all the rest, we all know by now that that was not the case. We had to be out of the hotel at 1pm, and our flight didn't leave until 11pm. While we were checking out, we found out that we had $100 worth of room service and hotel restaurant service that was included in our hotel package. We didn't know about this, and although we had ordered room service the first night, we hadn't done it since, nor had we eaten at either of the restaurant on the grounds. We lost out on about $65 worth of service. Oh well!

There was a shopping center near by that had a public restroom that was rarely used, so we stayed close to that for a few hours. Then, we headed toward the airport, and drove through the Valley. It was pretty, but I wish I had been feeling better. We only got to be in there for about an hour because they were closing the gates, so we headed to the car rental place and then to the air port. There we found some dinner, and waited for the plane.

We were in the last row of the plane, and even before it started moving it was rocking a lot. I'm not too fond of flying anyway these days, so this was not good. We also were by the attendant's station because they stay in the back of the plane, so they talked the whole night, and had the curtain open with the light shinning on us the whole time. It was a difficult night.

When we finally got to Dallas at about 1pm, we had to circle the airport for some time because of the bad thunderstorms that were going on. They also told us that we might be redirected to San Antonio. This meant a possible 4 hour drive after landing. After a few minutes though, we were cleared to land, and we touched down. Then came the new twist. Our baggage kept not coming out on the belt, and the room was freezing. I'm pretty sure it was in the low 60s in the building with the air constantly going. When I tried to get outside where it was warm, people were smoking in the no smoking section. I told them of this, and one guy left, but the other didn't.

We finally found out that the baggage couldn't get off the plane because of the lightening, and it was dangerous for the guys working on the line. About an hour later, we were on our way home.

I don't want you guys to think that this is a black spot on our trip. It was a tough day, but it makes for great stories later, and vivid memories.

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Too bad about the room service! I hate coming home after something fun! So bittersweet!

Staci said...

You're right....it'll be fun to have an interesting story (like your last day) later ;) Sorry you felt so bad! I'm sure lack of sleep didn't help!

Glad that ya'll had so much fun on your honeymoon! Thanks for sharing it with us :)