Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Wedding

The night before the wedding, we of course had a rehearsal. At that time, Terry said something about the rings, and Mitch has a habit of using his hand as a notepad for reminders. He writes the first letter of the thing he needs to remember. This is what appeared on his hand during the rehearsal while he was on stage.
As I said before, the wedding was perfect. I can't believe how flawless it was. After spending countless hours at the church on Thursday and Friday, cutting 3500 yards of tulle, and hanging fabric, it turned out perfect.
I bet you guys didn't think I had anything this girly in me huh?!? I know...it blows the mind. And you want to hear something even more shocking? I got a pedicure and manicure the week before. I know...I KNOW...it blows the mind doesn't it! My mom's ONLY requirement of the wedding was that I wear a dress, and I managed to find one that fit my personality.
There were a couple of cake scares. The coordinator couldn't get a hold of my bakery, and then Cindy Kitson thought the grooms cake might not hold up under all of the weight. I've got to say that they both turned out perfect, and I would recommend Cindy to ANYONE! It was the most perfect groom's cake I've ever seen, definitely capturing our personalities, and I really appreciate her taking such a chance on a type of cake she's never done before. Not only was it beautiful, but she managed to keep it a very moist cake per Mitch's specs. She did an amazing job.

My wedding cake was done at A Taste of Europe, the bakery in Fort Worth, not the Russian Deli in Arlington (we accidentally walked in there the first time. Oops!) It was a delicious orange cake, perfect for a June wedding. I gave them a picture of what I wanted, and the delivered!While the cakes were being prepped in the atrium, we were doing the same in the parlor. We were joking around, and Joanna and I were up to our usual antics. We had everyone rolling on the floor. That will help explain some of the pictures in the professional album, like the one when she goosed my bum, and I'm jumping in the air screeching, or the one of her feeding me cheese during the reception, or the looks of longing that we gave each other during the pre-wedding photo shoot. This is our usual behavior, and that's why people ask us both along to places.
Those were pictures of my bridesmaids, Jo is the tall one, and the blond one was my student when I taught in Africa.
These next pictures are of my two flower girls and nieces, Hannah and Mya (with her mom Katie).

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

So, fun! It's neat to hear your perspective on all of it.

JB

Staci said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love all the tulle! I didn't know PR could look so beautiful!