Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Dinner with Friends

I have the best group of friends in the world, but it's getting harder and harder for us to all get together. We help each other with everything from painting houses to ripping out kitchens, planting gardens to moving, being there for my mom's kidney transplant to showing up at the hospital on a moment's notice for an emergency birth. We celebrate birthdays, watch football, go out to eat after church, walk the streets of downtown, have Christmas parties, get together to play games, go to Main Event, listen to music at smokey piano bars, sail with Julie's parents, break down on Scott's boat, we even had a night of Cinco de Mayo one year.

I realized a few weeks ago that we had not all gotten together in quite some time so I planned a night of dinner and games. Well, we had a few kinks, and a couple of people had to bail, and nobody had time to play games, but we met up at Babe's last weekend and had a blast eating together.

Jordan was sleeping, so Julie took that opportunity to hold Witten.

Witten loved getting to gave across the table at Jordan.

Jo took her turn holding Witten.

It took some work, but I got everyone to agree to a group shop. (It's like these people don't know me at all!)
We actually finished eating quite a while before we finally got up and left. The signal for us to go was when the waitress came by again to see if we needed something. It was a clear sign that she wanted some new customers so that she could make her money for the night.

I look forward to the next time that we can all get together!

No comments: