Friday, February 04, 2011

Snow-pocalypse

Last year, I was ecstatically pregnant during the great 12” snow storm of 2010. This year, I am a blissful mommy of an almost 9 month old. During this 4 day holiday from school and day care, we have had to find ways to stay busy and keep the little guy happy.

Mitch has spent most of his time in this room working from home. (Please excuse the mess! This is on our 2011 to do list of organization, but it's last!)
I had to find ways to keep Witten happy. I think he’s been getting pretty bored without a two year old always talking to him and playing with him. (There’s a 2 year old at his babysitter’s house.) He spent many hours in his Jeep, ExerSaucer, on Daddy’s desk in his Bumbo, playing on his play mat with his big boy toys, and playing in his high chair.He also spent a few minutes looking at the snow from the window. The dogs came by to say hi too.

After being cooped-- up for a few days, Mitch took a break from work. We went outside today, and we played in the snow for about an hour. We had to bundle Witten up before we could go.


Layer 1

Layer 2

Layer 3

Layer 4

Witten was ok in the snow because we put a kneeling pad on the ground with a towel on top so that he didn’t get cold. He was mesmerized by the snow, and wouldn’t look up so that I could get a picture with his face.He started playing with the snow, but quickly realized that it was cold, and that made him mad.Mitch started building a snowman while I tried to keep Witten happy.We tried sitting in the Bumbo first. He was ok for a couple of minutes,but when Mitch put his sunglasses on because it was so bright, he threw a tantrum.I had to try to calm him down.We had to strip his coat back off because he was getting too hot. Then he drove his Jeep in these icy conditions for a couple of minutes before getting upset again.Eventually, the snowman was done, and Witten calmed down long enough to get some family pictures.Since the roads were looking good, we decided to go ahead with our plans to drop Witten off at my parent’s house tonight. Mitch helped me load the car, and I decided to start it while he went to get Witten. I quickly found that it wouldn’t start, so we had to jump it before I could take off.Luckily, we made it to GranDad and GranJan’s house safely (after stopping for a bottle at Walgreens because I left them all at home).

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the tantrum pictures. So cute!

Bluebonnet said...

I love the pictures of Witten playing. He just gets cuter and cuter!