We had a long night for Valentine's Day. We packed up Witten's stuff and headed for Cheesecake Factory, but on the way, Mitch had a little stop planned. We dropped Witten off at my parent's house which was completely unexpected. When we finally got to the restaurant, we were told the wait would be 1 1/2-2 hours long, so we grabbed our pager and headed next door to Barnes and Noble. I was starving, so we got a little snack and a coffee. After 45 minutes, Mitch decided to check in for an updated wait time because the pager didn't work at the bookstore. While he was talking to the girl, our pager went off, so he called me and I rushed over. Dinner was delicious, and we got cheesecake to go.
When we got back to my parent's house to pick up Witten, I decided to befriend their new dog. (Big Red had to be put down a couple of weeks before.) I gave him a treat, then tried to pet him. He reared back and jumped on me, biting me in the stomach and drawing blood. After calming down from that, I tried to put Witten in his car seat, but he woke up and started screaming. Since he had eaten a lot that night (8 oz. of food and 4oz. of milk in the 3ish hours that we were gone), the screaming was too much, and he threw carrots up all over me and him and his car seat. My mom grabbed him and bathed him in the sink while I rinsed out his clothes and Mitch cleaned out the car seat. Finally, we were on our way home.
He was wide awake when we got home, so we gave him his gift from Mitch's parents, and he loved playing with the card.


We forgot to give him his card and gift from us until a couple of nights later. Next year, when he can appreciate it more, we'll be sure to get it to him on time!
No comments:
Post a Comment