Tuesday, February 01, 2011

New Year's Eve

We slept in on New Year's Eve thanks to Witten not waking up until 8:30, then we went out to dinner with Joanna and Kevin. We ate at Blue Mesa, then went to see True Grit.

Afterwards, Mitch and I wanted to go get a dessert. Since we were babyless for the night, we thought it would be fun to stay out late like we used to. It was about 10:30 when we started looking for something. We drove to Lincoln Square but weren't interested in anything there, so we drove to The Cheesecake Factor, my FAVORITE place to get dessert. We got to the front door at 11:03, only to find out that they locked the doors at 11. I was so disappointed. Then we called Cheddar's, but they closed at 11 also. We called Chili's and Friday's last. They were both going to be open a while late, and we remembered that Friday's had a huge dessert menu. When we got there, we realized that they had pared down that menu quite a bit since the last time we were there. I ended up getting a slice of cheesecake, and Mitch got the dessert nachos. We were somewhere on 1187 when the new year hit.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That story made me laugh. I love "we were somewhere on 1187 when new year hit" classic!