Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Dinner
Yesterday I went digging through the freezer to find something that I could make for dinner. I grabbed a pack of what I thought was some kind of ground beef or turkey and threw it in the sink, planning on making Hamburger Helper for dinner. When it came time to get started, I realized that what I had grabbed was stew beef. I had no idea what to do with that because all we had in our pantry in the way of cans were 2 cans of corn, 1 can of green beans, 2 cans of tomato paste, 2 cans of rotel, and 1 can of diced tomatoes. I decided to cook the beef up with some bbq sauce that we bought from the fair and LOVE! I browned and salted the meat, then doused it in the bbq, heated a can of corn, and served it up.
I took a couple of bites of meat and decided that it just wasn't for me. The sauce tasted good, but the meat tasted like raw cow. I couldn't stomach it. I ended up making this for my dinner. (Sorry, I was 1/2 way done when I took this picture, and actually, I only took a couple more bites, then gave the rest to Mitch.)
Mitch was a trooper. He ate all of his (the blue plate), and worked on mine when he was done. There was a lot of fat in the meat, so he made a pile of the yucky parts on the blue plate. He even packed up the left overs to have for lunch today. I told him that it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we fed it all to the dogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment