This year I wanted it to be special, so I really wanted us to be in Colorado camping over the 4th. That way there would be nobody else, and no other activities demanding our attention. (Ie...4th of July with the church group.)
We stopped at the same grocerie store for chicken salad sandwiches, and I bought potato salad. While I was in Denver, I made chocolate covered strawberries. Those were a surprise, and a huge hit. This picture is of Mitch and my empty chair with our dinner.

It was so much fun! It was our first day camping, and as we went to throw out the trash at the campground, we asked about fireworks. The man said that we should go now down to Lake Estes so that we could get a seat, so we did...2 1/2 hours before they were due to start. Since we left immediately, we were in t-shirts and shorts when we got there. Luckily, I had a sweater in the car for Mitch, and a hooded sweatshirt for myself. I also had the car blnket, although it wasn't big enough to tuck under both sets of legs to cut the wind...oh well, it was still really great.
Here are some pictures of where we got to watch the fireworks.


Jealous yet? Here are a couple more.

Ok, so this last one was taken with the new camera (they all were) and I was playing around with it, figuring out how to use the different settings. It's not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.
All in all, it was a really great night, and when it was over, it took us about an hour and 15 minutes to drive back to the campground normally 15 minutes away.
Here's a funny little anecdote, or at least we thought it was funny. The place that we parked was this tiny dead in parking lot; as we were coming out, people were turning in to out parking lot. It just made me kind of giggle because even though we were parked at the exit, it was taking us forever to get out, and here were all of these impatient people who tried to find a shortcut, and failed miserably. Is that mean? Oh well!
1 comment:
Yes...we're jealous. Fireworks in the mountains! Awesome!
Post a Comment