Since most of you guys that are reading this were single for like a millisecond of your adult life, let me explain something to you...WE DON'T COOK FOR ONE! Until tonight, the extent of my pasta making has been mac and cheese. So it may not surprise some of you to know that when I bit into the fettuccine alfredo, it was a bit tough. I guess I didn't boil it quite long enough. Oh well, Mitch liked it.
Now, I don't want any of you to be under the impression that I've gone all domesticated. I was just frustrated, and I figured I could either sit and stew on it until Mitch got home, or I could do something nice for him. I chose the latter, and it seemed to work.
Here's a picture of dinner. I wish I could tell you that it tasted as good as it looks. Now, like I said, I'm no naked chef, but I'm pretty sure your salad is not supposed to have a sour kind of flavor to it. The lettuce looked so good. Maybe some of you moms could school me on the reason that a perfectly good looking head of lettuce tasted less than stellar.
Oh yeah, this was the first time I ever picked out a pineapple and cut it up! I hated the stuff until I lived in Africa. It was so good there, and only cost about a dime. When I got back, I couldn't bring myself to spend 400 times that amount or more to get one. Well, I finally did, and it was SO good! I think it's going to become a permanent fixture at the dinner table!

Staci: If those dishes look familiar to you, the should! After going to your wedding shower, I fell in love with your dishes, and had to get some for myself. Although they are nice to look at, the scraping sound of the fork on the plate makes me crazy!
1 comment:
I have to say that I did cook some for one when I was in college...but it's not near as much fun! Glad you have someone to test your food for ya now ;)
As for the plates...I liked the look, but HATED the big plates b/c they were almost like a bowl! Every time you tried to cut steak you almost flipped your plate! For Christmas we got new plates, bowls, & mugs from Cabelas (they have moose and elk on them). I still use the small bowls from Target...but the rest of the set is in my attic storage.
Post a Comment