Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping


On Wednesday morning, we got kind of a late start, so we decided to put off a hike until Thursday. Instead, we went into Estes Park and looked around. We parked by this little creek, and walked over a bridge to get to the shops. It was so pretty. The first place that we came to was a shirt shop that was selling buy3 get 1 free. We decided to make that our last stop of the day to see if we found any better deals.

We looked in the window at a glass shop and I saw a pitcher that I fell in love with. When I looked at the price, I was reminded once again of how good my taste is. This little pitcher was over $500! We had walked into another glass blowing shop earlier, and it was a joke. It looked like little cheap things that you could buy from the Oriental Trading Post.

At the very end of town, there was this place called the Spruce House. It was this great little Christmas shop, and I found tons of things there. They had ornaments that were painted from the inside by a local artist. They also had some that were made from deer antlers that had been sliced in circles, and then little designs were cut out of the middle. My favorite tree had all of these weird little ornaments that reminded me a slightly of Tim Burton. I got a few from that tree, as well as a Santa to sit out at Christmas.

We ate sandwiches in town, and then got ice cream on the way out. There were 4 or 5 ice cream and candy shops just on this one little street. There is definitely a high market for that in small tourism towns. Everyone of them had a long line.

Town was a lot of fun, and it was just kind of a lazy, slow day, which is the whole point of camping!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Don't dis the rustic, log home look! Have you seen pics of my house? I LOVE those shops in CO with all the rustic furniture. Too bad is all soooo expensive. We are getting a log crib for the baby! I'm super excited about that. It's still being built by a guy in MT.