I have a pretty nice sized kitchen table. It's going to be great for scrapbooking and working on my lesson plans. I say "going to be" because it is currently a catch all. It seems that as soon as I get it cleaned off, it begins accumulating junk again. You see, as soon as I walk through the launry room from the garage, there's the table. It really is the perfect place to through down whatever is in my hands. I really need to figure out how to break myself of that habbit. On top of that. I still have my suitcase from Mexico out, although there are only 2 or 3 things left in it, and the big trunk from camp, which is still about half full. To add to all of that, I now have three food and cooking boxes, 2 coolers, and 2 bags that have exploded on my front room floor from Colorado. I swear there must be a little dirty elf that lives in my house and goes around at night messing it up.
Ok, so onto the trip. I'll just tell about the 1st night for now. We left Fort Worth at 5:20pm on Friday night, just in time for rush hour traffic, and decided just to drive up to OKC to stay with a friend from college. That would reduce our trip on Saturday to a mere 10 hours. On the way up, I had to take Mitch by the "Scenic Overlook" in southern Oklahoma. No really, they have one, and I'm sure you guys'll get a kick out of what they consider scenery!

When we finally got in to Oklahoma City, Amy took us over to Oklahoma Chirstian to show me the new dorms. They are seriously like a ritzy hotel! She also gave me a sweatshirt from the Art Department that I bought a year and a half ago. That was nice, it had been so long since I paid for it, that it was kind of like getting a free shirt! We sat in her living room for a bit and talked, and then we went to bed. It was an early start the next morning with a 6am wake-up call.
No comments:
Post a Comment