Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cloth or Plastic?

I stopped by Kroger to buy a few things today, including cheap milk and Blue Bell ice cream, as well as a few other small items. In the checkout line, they had Dallas Cowboys reusable bags, so I picked on up, figuring that 1/2 of my bagged groceries could go it, while the other half went in a plastic bag. Somehow, the check managed to fit it all in 5 plastic bags, including one for the milk. Most people ask me if I want my milk bagged, and I tell them no. She even bagged my bag!

I guess this young girl was too busy talking to her friends to pay attention. I mean, it took her about 2 minutes after I got there before one of her friends finally said, "I think she's ready to check out." It was truly a unique experience. I think I'll stick to self checkout!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Hey! I'm so glad you have a current blog! I think I had gotten on your other one, but I wasn't sure if you even checked it anymore. I SO had one of these grocery store experiences today, too. Hope you're doing well. That's a great pic of you two.