Monday, October 13, 2008

A Whole Day Off

and I have no idea what to do with myself.

I know what I should be doing. I should be grading the TAKS benchmarks that we took last week, but reading 95 terrible essays by 12 year-olds that think they wrote masterpieces isn't that appealing. I should be scrubbing toilets and tubs, vacuuming and dusting, and washing the last two dishes in the sink. I should take a sample of water from the pool to Leslie's so that they can tell me what chemicals to add next. I should get on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I don't want to do any of that though.

I spent the morning making the house just presentable, and watching the Butterfly Effect. Then I got online to check the blogs that I read, and drove down to a new neighborhood that is being built by the builder that I love. The houses are fine, but the lots are small. I've been dreaming about the house that Mitch and I found and love, and wishing that I would get that call from the realtor saying that someone wants to come look at the house in 10 minutes. Speaking of waiting by the phone, I've also been waiting to hear from the Dr. That can be torture!

No comments: